Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a TERRIFIC recipe, and one that you will really LOVE, just as I do... Great with Grammie Bea's Special Vanilla Frosting. Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 egg
- Add applesauce with baking soda, and mix well.
- Cream sugar and margarine. Add to applesauce mixture mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour with salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- Add all together and beat egg into mixture last. Mix well.
- Bake at 350°, in a greased, and flour dusted 9x13" pan for 30-40 minutes, checking every 5 minutes after 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in middle of cake comes out clean.