Gramma's Tomato Pie- Lighter Version
- Use one can of tomatoes as bottom layer in large disposable lasagna pan or similar dish, then layer slices of bread on top.
- Melt margarine and combine last eight ingredients together into a liquid and pour over bread layer. You may change spice amounts according to your taste.
- Top with remaining can of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with more oregano or add a mozzarella cheese topping if desired.
- Bake for 40 mins at 350 degrees.
- Makes approximately 16 servings, but recipe may be halved or made in bulk.
- You can't mess this one up!
- Note- the more oregano and italian spices you add, the more it gives it a pizza taste!