Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A variation of my mother's recipe for tomato pie- with a Weight Watcher's friendly spin! Makes 12 servings- only 4 points each! Cheese and bacon have been removed for my personal taste.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 6 slices bread
- 1 cup country crock light margarine
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground oregano (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Use one can of tomatoes as bottom layer in large disposable lasagna pan or similar dish, then layer slices of bread on top.
- Melt margarine and combine last eight ingredients together into a liquid and pour over bread layer. You may change spice amounts according to your taste.
- Top with remaining can of tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with more oregano or add a mozzarella cheese topping if desired.
- Bake for 40 mins at 350 degrees.
- Makes approximately 16 servings, but recipe may be halved or made in bulk.
- You can't mess this one up!
- Note- the more oregano and italian spices you add, the more it gives it a pizza taste!
Yummy and fewer calories. I love it!
this was terrific, kinda like scalloped tomatoes but better thanks for the great recipe