Recipe by MommyMakes
This is my mother's recipe for spaghetti sauce and is wonderful! It is a chunky, meaty sauce. We usually make this in two 5 quart pots and freeze them in 2-3 cup portions, great for OAMC. It uses jars of spaghetti sauce for ease and flavor, you could also purchase a warehouse sized can of spaghetti sauce and flavor to taste to cut costs. Also add more vegetables as desired and if the mixture is too thick add another jar or a can of sauce.
- 6 (32 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce, assorted flavors to taste
- 7 lbs Italian sausages
- 10 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup sugar, to taste
- 5 bell peppers, yellow, red and green
- 2 onions
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice sausages into 1/2" to 1" slices or remove casings and crumble. Brown meats with onions until browned. Drain fat.
- Add chopped veggies and all remaining ingredients.
- Bring just to a boil, then cover and reduce heat, allowing sauce to simmer 4-6 hours.