Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was a recipe that my grandmother used to make - I couldn't wait to get there when we'd travel to see her - sometimes arriving late at night - but she always had these made and waiting on the warm stove
- 1 lb long grain rice, half cooked
- 1 lb chicken gizzard, ground up
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 5 eggs
- corn flake crumbs, for coating
- oil, for pan frying
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Roll into long cigar shaped patties.
- Roll in cornflake crumbs to coat.
- Fry in oil until crisp.
- Place on paper towels to drain.