Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
When I was little I was allowed to help mix all the ingredients. It was a great way to get messy and not get in trouble. great taste. It also makes great sandwiches the next day.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground veal
- 1 (1 5/8 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread cubes
- 4 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine meats and soup mix and blend well.
- Combine eggs and milk & mix into meat.
- Blend bread cubes into mixture.
- Place into large loaf pan & cover with strips of bacon.
- Place into preheated oven and bake for 1 hour or until thermometer reads 180°F.
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes then remove from pan.
- Slice and enjoy.
- (You can use another pound of beef instead of veal if this too costly).
I made half the recipe using all 3 ground meats. Very good basic meatloaf. I heated leftover slices with a little barbecue sauce and served them on an onion roll (yummy!). Made for PAC Spring 2007.