1/3 Photos of Gramma's German Pancakes With Honey Butter
Gather the children when you pull these out of the oven--lots of oohs & aahs at the puffy cakes! My mother-in-law featured these on her restaurant breakfast menu, and usually makes them at least once when we're visiting. Serve with Honey Butter (below) or some warm fruit compote.
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F; put oven rack in middle position.
- 2While oven is heating up, divide butter in half (1/4 cup each). Melt one of the halves. The other half, divide again, and place pieces in two large cast-iron or stone-ware frying pans. Place pans in oven while it preheats.
- 3In a blender, mix melted butter, eggs, sugar, flour and milk.
- 4Remove pans from oven, swirl butter around slightly up the side of the pans.
- 5Pour half of the flour-milk mixture into the first pan, the remainder in the second pan.
- 6Quickly return pans to the oven. Bake until fluffy, golden brown and crispy, about 45 minutes. The puffiness goes down as it cools. Serve immediately with Honey Butter (follows).
- 7PREPARE HONEY BUTTER: While the pancakes are baking, rinse out blender; pour in warmed honey and start blender on medium-high.
- 8Slowly drizzle in half of the 1/2 cup melted butter; mix for 10 seconds, then add remaining butter. Mix for 3 minutes (if you can stand the racket!).
- 9Add cream and vanilla; blend/pulse just enough to mix it in .
- 10This makes 1 1/2 cups and is best served warm.
- 11Store leftover honey butter in fridge. Reheat for just a few seconds in the microwave--do NOT boil!
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gramma's German Pancakes With Honey Butter
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 905.2
- Calories from Fat 542
- Total Fat 60.3 g
- Saturated Fat 36.8 g
- Cholesterol 318.2 mg
- Sodium 408.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 73.5 g
- Protein 8.7 g