Recipe by Terri F.
This is my grandma's recipe, her version of Apple Crisp. It is so good that the first mouth full would always make the grandkids grunt...so that's what we named it.
Top Review by MizzNezz
We loved this apple dessert! The topping is crisp and crunchy, very good! I added a dash of ground cloves to the filling, but didn't change anything else. This is great with whipped cream. Thank you Terri, for a new recipe!
- 4 cups pared sliced apples
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter (not margarine)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay apples in buttered 9 inch square cake pan.
- Sprinkle apples with orange juice.
- Combine flour sugar spices and pinch of salt.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes until topping is crisp.
- Serve warm.