Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my grandma's recipe, her version of Apple Crisp. It is so good that the first mouth full would always make the grandkids grunt...so that's what we named it.
- 4 cups pared sliced apples
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup butter (not margarine)
- Lay apples in buttered 9 inch square cake pan.
- Sprinkle apples with orange juice.
- Combine flour sugar spices and pinch of salt.
- Cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes until topping is crisp.
- Serve warm.
We loved this apple dessert! The topping is crisp and crunchy, very good! I added a dash of ground cloves to the filling, but didn't change anything else. This is great with whipped cream. Thank you Terri, for a new recipe!
This dish was wonderful! We topped it with a scoop of ice cream. The next time I make it, I will only use half the topping because I prefer more of the apple taste. Just my personal preference. I will definaltely make this dish again.
Very good and a great dessert to have during apple season. Thanks for sharing!