- 1 boneless chicken breast, diced
- 2 boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 -2 onion, diced (depends on how much you like onions)
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 6 cups water
- 6 teaspoons chicken soup base
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken, onions, celery, garlic, bay leaves and poultry seasoning in large soup pot.
- Add water and chicken base. I use "Superior Touch Better Than Bouillon" If you don't use the chicken base you may need to add salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hr.
- Add 1/2 cup white rice, carrots, chilies and cilantro and simmer for 1 hr.