Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that my DH Grandma made for him as a child and now it is one of the meals we have when theres not much time for cooking. DH likes to take leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion
- season salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- garlic powder (to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon oil
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen hash browns (cubed)
- 3 (12 ounce) cans pork and beans
- Brown the ground beef, onions, and seasonings.(drain and set aside).
- Brown the hashbrowns in a small amount of oil.
- Add the pork and beans and meat to the hashrowns and continue cooking until everything is warmed through.
This was pretty good. I cut it to 1/3 recipe and had about 3 servings. Ended up adding a dash of chili powder and some vinegar and mustard after tasting to cut the sweetness of the pork & beans. Thanks for sharing!