Recipe by Margo59
Family favorite recipe made by my MIL. After many attempts, I finally figured out her recipe. She never measures ingredients...
- 453.59 g bacon, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- canned jalapeno slices, I use bottled slices approx 10-12 slices, chopped
- 14.79 ml garlic, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 354.88 ml tomato juice
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 12 eggs, scrambled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in frying pan until crisp. Strain out bacon and set aside in small bowl.
- Remove bacon drippings, leaving 2-3 tablespoons in pan.
- In remaining drippings, saute red pepper and onion until slightly softened, over medium-high heat. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Add jalapenos and garlic. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Depending on the jalapeno flavor I sometimes add a little more (we like it a little spicy, or you can add some of the jalapeno juice for extra heat).
- Add salt, pepper, tomato juice and bacon pieces. Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes to blend flavors.
- Cook to desired consistency and flavor blending.
- After cooked to desired state, turn to low heat and prepare eggs.
- Whisk together 12 eggs and scramble in separate fry pan.
- Serve prepared mixture over servings of scrambled eggs.