Recipe by teresas
This was in our local TV Cookbook called "KCTS Cooks" (favorite recipes) This was sent in by Eric Morse from Puyallup, Washington. He said this was handed down from his mother Lorraine, and everyone knew her as Grandma Larry, in Quilcene, Washington. He also said that you'll love this with chile! DH and I thought it rated a 5 star!
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, plus
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 5 large eggs, well beaten
- 1% low-fat milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spray a 9X13-inch pan or large cast iron skillet with nonstick spray and place about 1 tbls butter in pan.
- Heat pan in oven until is melted to coat the bottom.
- Add eggs and butter to dry ingredients.
- Add enough milk so that batter is a little thicker than pancake batter.
- Pour in melted butter (from heated pan) and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into heated pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.