Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a copy of the stew my gramma sent to me whenever I was sick or visiting. She doesn't use recipes really...so I just made my own version.
- 3 cups white potatoes
- 2 cups carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms
- 1⁄2 onion
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 lb stew beef chunk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- brown the beef in a skillet and then coat with flour.
- chop all veggies.
- put all ingredients in crock pot.
- *add some worcestershire sauce and soya sauce to taste(just a few shakes)
- cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
- (if adding dumplings add in last 15 minutes and cook until fluffy).
This was quite good! The one thing that I would do is add some seasoning and probably a bay leaf or two. Easy and low maintenance because I got it all cut up and together last night (skipped the beans), added the broth this morning and put it on low for the day! I topped it with Nif's Easy Baking Powder Dumplings (Crock Pot or Stove Top). Made for Spring 2009 PAC event. Thanks!