Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Super easy, smooth, chocolatey and only 5 ingredients! This hot fudge sauce is great over ice cream, or anything else. It tastes like chocolate fudge in liquid form! It keeps in the fridge for at least a month. But it will be gone long before that. It also uses ingredients I almost always have in my pantry. So it can be made anytime.
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a saucepan over low heat melt the butter and chocolate chips.
- Once melted add the evaporated milk and powdered sugar. Mix well until smooth.
- Turn the heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Stir constantly. Once at a boil, reduce heat to medium low and boil slowly for 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla. Stir well and cool.
- Can be served warm over ice cream or kept in the refrigerator for later use.
A lovely rich Fudge sauce, I made it quite thick and it went well with Coffee ice cream. A sweet tooth's dream. Made as part of PAC FAll 2009 thanks for sharing.