Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My grandmother found this recipe in a magazine many moons ago. It is a Christmas staple. They smell great baking, taste devine, and make great gifts. Someone always brings these to our family reunions and there are never any left. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat Oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, cream Crisco and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and beat until fluffy. Add in sifted flour, baking soda and salt. Add oats and walnuts. Blend well.
- Spread mixture evenly in lightly greased 9 inch square pan.
- Bake in oven at 350° F for 25-30 minutes. Cool. Cut into 24- 1 x 3-inch bars.
- *Note: Can be doubled and baked in a 9 x 13 inch pan.