I'm going to make this for my family because they should celebrate their visas and not be depressed like me. They have reason to celebrate and have been wanting to eat this sweet since sometime, so I will just cook this one up for 'em. We watched Chef Rakesh Sethi make this on Mirch Masala, a very popular cooking(recipe) serial on Star Plus, yesterday at 11:30am. The number of servings is a guesstimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a pan on medium flame.
- 2When hot, spoon ghee into it.
- 3Allow to melt.
- 4Add gramflour and flour.
- 5Cook till the rawness of the gramflour is gone.
- 6This will take about 20 minutes.
- 7You will know when it's done when you see bubbles on the sides of the pan.
- 8When this happens, remove the pan from heat and keep aside.
- 9Now, put sugar in another pan.
- 10Add water and yellow food colour.
- 11Cook on low-medium flame till the sugar melts.
- 12Add the gramflour-desi ghee mixture and mix well.
- 13Now grease a tray with desi ghee.
- 14Transfer the above prepared mixture into it.
- 15Garnish with chopped pistachios or edible silver foil.
- 16Do not use both together.
- 17Allow to cool completely.
- 18Refrigerate to allow it to set.
- 19Once set, cut into squares or triangles or blocks and serve as a dessert after your meal.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gramflour Squares
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 912.5
- Calories from Fat 493
- Total Fat 54.8 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Cholesterol 128.0 mg
- Sodium 41.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 56.9 g
- Protein 15.3 g