Recipe by jas kaur
This a very healthy breakfast especially if you on a diet. An Indianised pancake tastes really good!
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Satsriakal! We enjoyed this on a weekend during the rains. I added 4 green chillies, finely chopped, 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder, a pinch of baking soda and a pinch of asafoetida powder to the mixture. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tomatoes (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons coriander (chopped)
- red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the above ingredients together except oil and make a smooth paste of spreadable consistency (some people like the paste to be thick--Iprefer it kind of watery) let mixture rest for 5 minute.
- Heat very little oil in a non-stick pan.
- Beat the mixture once again.
- Drop by a small ladle and spread as pancakes.
- Don't drop a lot of mixture--try by making small pancakes.
- Place a flat spatula under the pancake to avoid sticking to the pan and flip after about 10 seconds.
- Add little oil if needed.
- Roast until golden brown on both sides.
- Can be eaten just like this with tomato ketchup, or can be eaten with buttered slices of bread.