Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
Once thought to have been taken to the grave with her, my father stumbled upon her recipe long after my grandmothers passing. The Best Hot Tamales in the world as far as i'm concerned! I love the things! You must try them for yourself !
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 ounces chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons red cayenne pepper
- Note: 1 tsp red cayene pepper for milder tamales.
- Take 2 spoons of meat mixture.
- Roll oblong (weenie style) in salted cornmeal. Use cookie sheet.
- Seperate corn husk and soak in water.
- Take tamale and wrap tightly in husk.
- One end open the other folded. Tie in bundles of six.
- Place open end up. and place in a large pot.
- Pour boiling water over tamales.
- Bring to a boil & steam 2 hours.
- Can be frozen or canned. Re-heat in water or microwave.
Okay, but Grandma must have done something different! I found them bland. Made for Fall PAC 2012
Is it me or are the instructions for making what looks like a great dish missing?