Chef Teer's Note:
Once thought to have been taken to the grave with her, my father stumbled upon her recipe long after my grandmothers passing. The Best Hot Tamales in the world as far as i'm concerned! I love the things! You must try them for yourself !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: 1 tsp red cayene pepper for milder tamales.
- 2Take 2 spoons of meat mixture.
- 3Roll oblong (weenie style) in salted cornmeal. Use cookie sheet.
- 4Seperate corn husk and soak in water.
- 5Take tamale and wrap tightly in husk.
- 6One end open the other folded. Tie in bundles of six.
- 7Place open end up. and place in a large pot.
- 8Pour boiling water over tamales.
- 9Bring to a boil & steam 2 hours.
- 10Can be frozen or canned. Re-heat in water or microwave.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gramdma Ruth's Hot Tamales
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.2
- Calories from Fat 322
- Total Fat 35.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 1289.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 44.5 g