Recipe by QueenJellyBean
My mom makes this recipe for my kids and they think it's wonderful. My daughter asked me to post this so she could tell my mom that her recipe is on the internet! Everyone tries to stay away from the soup recipes and I am not too sure why? It uncomplicates a lot of quick dinner recipes. This is a quick dinner fix!
Top Review by children from A to Z
I made this last night for dinner and it was not only good but super easy. 2 of my 3 kids didn't eat. I think it's because I let them have a cookie before dinner. Big mistake. I will be making this again for sure thanks so much for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean hamburger
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups hash browns
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 uncooked pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a 9 inch pie plate with either a homemade pie crust or a room temperature store bought crust.
- In one pan lightly brown the hashbrowns.
- In another pan brown the hamburger with onion and chiles until done. Drain.
- Mix hashbrowns, hamburger and soup.
- Pour into pie shell and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees making sure that pie crust and cheese does not burn.
- Let rest five minutes before serving.
- We serve with a fresh green salad or with green beans on the side.