Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grandma would make these wings for parties and just for sharing down at the local VFW. They were always a big hit. Now my sister(recipezaar chef Brandi Ranta) and me are carrying on this great recipe. I just know you and your guests will go crazy for them. ENJOY!!
- 2 lbs chicken wings or 2 lbs chicken drummettes (no tips on wings, I use the bags in the freezer dept that way I don't have to clean the chicken, cal)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dry ground ginger
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Turn in the morning.
- Cook uncovered@ 375 for 1 1/2 hrs.
- Turn once half way through.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!
This was a soul satisfying dish. I've made similar wings with soy and ginger but the dry vermouth was the magic ingredient. I served this with cumin cubed and roasted potatoes and sauteed spinach. A definite "do-over".
Had to try gramma's recipe! (she was an awesome cook) If your looking for the BEST chicken wing rec. this is it!! Even I can make it! Have to dbl it next time because the taste is outta this world!!
SO DELICIOUS! I have tried many many asian chicken recipes and this by far is the most easiest and most delicious ... I added some coursely chopped garlic to the marinade to liven it up (I love garlic) ... my family and I devoured it. In fact, I am making it again tomorrow! Thanks Tracy for the wonderful recipe!