Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe was given to me by my Mother-in-law over 20 years ago and it's the only one that I'll ever use. It has always been a great success, well...almost...one time I left out the baking soda. That loaf made a great brick.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 1 cup mashed overripe banana (3)
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon level baking soda
- Blend together first five ingredients. Combine flour and baking soda. Gradually blend the flour and moist ingredients together.
- Grease a 4X8" loaf pan.
- Bake in moderate oven (350°F) for 1 hour, 10 minutes. Test for doneness after 1 hour by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, you're done.