These potatoes are a family staple for the holidays. It is my grandma's secret recipe. Be warned, once your guests try them you will be forced to bring them to every family gathering. These are some delicious potatoes.
- Par boil peeled potatoes for 5 minutes. Do not let potatoes get cooked all the way through, potatoes should remain firm.
- Grate potatoes into shreds with box grater.
- In a large bowl mix potatoes, milk, onion, cheese, sour cream, salt, pepper and dry mustard.
- Pour mixture in to a 9 x 13 glass baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove dish from refrigerator 1 hour before baking.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until top becomes golden brown.
The flavor of these is fantastic. After 50 minutes, the potatoes were still a little crunchy, and we didn't know whether that's the way they ought to be or they were still underdone, but the texture was the main topic of conversation and we all would have preferred them softer. Made for Pick A Chef.
These were a hit. I used the grater attachment on the food processor or I would of been there all day grating. Thanks for posting.