Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I wanted to use some Granny Smith apples in the kitchen. They were to big for me to eat in one sitting, so I created this pie to use up the three large apples I had. This recipe is a collaboration of many ideas, it was awesome!!! I am listing all the ingredients in a long list, but they create the graham cracker crust, the filling and the crumble topping.
- Crush graham crackers in a bowl, add 1/4 c sugar and add as much cinnamon as you like, I did. Melt a stick of butter and pour over mixture. Stir together until it resembles wet sand. put in pie plate and press it to evenly disperse the crust. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes or chill for one hour before filling.
- Peel and core apples. Slice into thin slices about 1/4" or less. Put in a large bowl and add 2/3 c sugar, 2 T flour and as much cinnamon as you want. Pour 3 T melted butter over apples and toss to coat.
- mix i cup brown sugar, 1 c flour, as much cinnamon as you want and 2/3 c soft butter. You can add rolled oats to this if you like to give it some extra substance, but I did not this time.
- Bake crust and remove, turn oven up to 400.
- Fill crust with apples and cover with crumble
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes at 400°F; reduce heat to 250°F and bake for another 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes or until golden and bubbling around edges.
- Let cool a smidgen, cut and ENJOY!