Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Made this up when we were in a hurry to have something to go with Lubia Chala With Kefta (My Lubia Chala With Kefta) It's a bit like a cross between pita and pizza base!
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup gram flour
- 300 ml water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon fennel seed
- Light oven to 375f, 190c, gas mark 5.
- Grease and flour a baking tray. I used one measuring 37cm x 29cm.
- Mix the dry ingredients together with the olive oil.
- Gradually add the water until the dough comes together in a ball.
- If it is "gluey" and sticks to your fingers, add more flour.
- Flour your hands, then spread the dough so it covers the baking tray.
- Bake in the warmest part of the oven for about 25 mins, or until golden and cooked through.
- Cut into slices.