From Chef Rob Feenie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, mix eggs, water, oil and grainy mustard.
- 2Slowly incorporate flour while sifting into egg mixture and season.
- 3Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 4Put spaetzle dough through a ricer or a spaetzle machine directly into boiling water and cut off.
- 5Allow spaetzle to cook in water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 6Remove spaetzle and plunge into an ice bath.
- 7When cooled down, remove from ice bath and dry on a clean towel.
- 8Coat spaetzle with a little oil and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 9To serve; in a large fry pan, over high heat, add a couple of tablespoons of butter and allow to brown.
- 10Add a little spaetzle and toss to coat.
- 11Allow to continue to cook until spaetzle becomes a little crispy.
- 12Season with salt and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grainy Mustard Spaetzle
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.3
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 185.0 mg
- Sodium 125.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 11.6 g