Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Chef Rob Feenie
Make and share this Grainy Mustard Spaetzle recipe from Food.com.
- 7 eggs
- 1 ounce water
- 1 ounce vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 lb all-purpose flour
- fresh ground white pepper
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, water, oil and grainy mustard.
- Slowly incorporate flour while sifting into egg mixture and season.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Put spaetzle dough through a ricer or a spaetzle machine directly into boiling water and cut off.
- Allow spaetzle to cook in water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove spaetzle and plunge into an ice bath.
- When cooled down, remove from ice bath and dry on a clean towel.
- Coat spaetzle with a little oil and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve; in a large fry pan, over high heat, add a couple of tablespoons of butter and allow to brown.
- Add a little spaetzle and toss to coat.
- Allow to continue to cook until spaetzle becomes a little crispy.
- Season with salt and serve immediately.