Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I discovered this recipe via pinterest, I copied it from http://www.texanerin.com/2012/04/grain-free-peanut-butter-chocolate-chip.html They are absolutely delicious, it's hard to believe that they are made with chickpeas!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they're combined.
- Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky.
- With wet hands, form into 1 1/2" balls.
- Place onto a Silpat or a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don't do much rising.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Yields about twenty four 1 1/2" cookie dough balls.