Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Dogs should not have grains! Neither should cats! So I am working on making home-made dog and cat treats for Christmas that are hypoallergenic! I hope you like! This is the first one. It is a bit involved but the dogs love it!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Puree fish and potato in food processor until it forms a play dough consistency.
- Spread evenly into ungreased cake pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until fish is springy to the touch.
- Here is the tricky part:.
- Turn fish onto cooling rack I then put the cooling rack into a sided cookie sheet. Place another cookie sheet on top and then weigh it down (I use a cast iron pot) this will squeeze out the moisture and make it a semi moist treat.
- Put this stack back into the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Carefully pull everything out and let it cool all stack up
- When cool, you can cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Store in the fridge lasts about 1-2 weeks can be frozen for up to 2 months.