Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Better than storebought
Make and share this Graham Wafers recipe from Food.com.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Work in marg and shortening til crumbly. Set aside.
- Mix honey, molasses, water and vanilla.
- Mix slowly with dry ingredients.
- Form dough into a ball. Cover with plastic. Chill.
- Preheat oven to 350. Let dough sit 15 minutes Roll between waxed paper.
- Cut in 2 inch squares. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet. Prick dough. Bake 15 minutes Cool.
- Will keep one month in airtight container, or 6 months in freezer.
Thank you for putting this recipe in this site. It really was so good and so easy to prepare and the flavours were so much better than the prepared ones that we get in the stores. I have had trouble finding boxed graham wafers that don't have dairy in them so used your recipe and just substituted the butter for non-dairy margarine (I used Vegan Becel) and it turned out great. Am planning to make graham wafer crumbs out of some of the graham wafers to use in making some of my favourite desserts.
These are totlly addictive! I just made them as a snack for my daughter, but I'm having trouble leaving them alone!:) They're nice and crispy-crunchy after they cool off, richer than the store-bought variety, with a very nice flavor. Mine are a little tougher than I'd like, but that's due to my mixing I'm sure. I cut them out with alphabet cookie cutters, and chilled them again before transferring to avoid messing up the shapes. I will definitely make these again - a yummy way to practice my mixing and rolling technique, and a yummy way for my daughter to learn her letters!:)