Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This cake tastes even better the next day and freezes well, you may drizzle a glaze on top of the cake after baking if desired --- Do not use the pudding-added cake mix for this.
- 10 whole graham crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) box French vanilla cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box French vanilla instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- For the streusel; place the graham crackers in a plastic bag, seal and then roll with a rolling pin until crushed (do not crush until fine) place the crumbs in a bowl.
- Add in the brown sugar, 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoon melted butter and cinnamon; mix until blended, then add in the pecans or walnuts; set aside.
- For the cake; in a large bowl beat all cake ingredients together until blended.
- Pour HALF the cake batter into prepared buttered baking dish.
- Sprinkle with HALF of the streusel mix evenly over the top of the batter.
- Then carefully spread the remaining cake batter over streusel.
- Then top with remaining streusel.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- If desired, drizzle glaze over the top of the cake after baking.