Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is part of a recipe in Bon Appetit. After making it I found it is not a good crust for a sweet pie. However it is great for savory pies. Original recipe had 10 tablespoons of butter, I reduced it.
- 1 cup graham flour, whole wheat (Bob's Red Mill has it)
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, finely grated
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled slightly
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter a 9 inch glass pie plate (silpat would likely work).
- Stir flours, sugar and lemon peel together. Gradually add butter, stirring until moist clumps form.
- Press evenly onto bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate.
- Bake crust until golden brown and firm to the touch, about 20 minutes.