Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great recipe! Another thing to do with Graham crackers! They're a hit with the kids and friends, and just for anything. Source: internet-Nancy C. Baking time is guesstimated.
- 12 graham crackers
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips (or your favorite chips)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Line a cookie sheet with foil, leaving some overhang on each end. Line pan with crackers. Melt butter over low heat, then add sugar and continue to cook, whisking until mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Pour over crackers, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 375°F until golden brown and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle on chocolate chips. Return to oven for 1 minute. Remove from oven and spread chips gently until all crackers are covered with melted chocolate. Sprinkle nuts evenly over chocolate and gently press down with your hand.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes, then freeze for about 15 minutes or (refrigerate for about 45 minutes) until chocolate is firm.
- Peel crackers from foil and "crack" into serving pieces. Store in refrigerator.
- Nancy says:.
- "Tips: I have used both light and dark brown sugar, and prefer the dark. Also used both milk chocolate and semi-sweet chips and prefer the milk chocolate. My oven bakes hot, and found that the sugar mix burned easily. I scaled back to 350°F, and checked after 7 minutes.".