1/5 Photos of Graham Crackers (Gluten Free)
Emily Elizabeth's Note:
These are great for snacking, making s'mores or even for smashing into crumbs to make a delicious graham cracker crust. This recipe was modified from a recipe found on livingwithout.com by Rebecca Reilly. Feel free to sub the flours for ones you have on hand, just be sure to use 2 1/4 cups total and use at least 1 cup of starchy flours. Makes about 3 cups of graham cracker crumbs.
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml gluten-free flour (1 part each of bean flour, tapioca flour & cornstarch)
- 59.14 ml sweet rice flour (Mochiko is gluten free)
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 8.62 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml xanthan gum
- 2.46 ml salt
- 103.53 ml butter or 103.53 ml margarine, cut into pieces
- 44.37 ml cold water
- 44.37 ml honey
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, xanthan gum, baking soda and salt.
- 2Cut in butter using a pastry cutter or two knives until it resembles cornmeal.
- 3Stir in cold water, honey and vanilla. Dough should form a ball. If dough is too dry, add more cold water a tbsp at a time.
- 4Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 5Get out two cookie sheets and cover with wax or parchment paper. Spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- 6Gather dough into a ball and divide in half. Using a lightly floured cloth covered rolling pin (I use sweet rice flour), roll half of the dough into a rectangle on one of the cookie sheets to about a 1/8" thick. Repeat with the other half.
- 7Score dough with a pizza cutter (or knife) into desired shapes and prick all over with a fork. (I like to use plastic forks for pricking since they tend to make rounder and thicker holes.).
- 8Very lightly sprinkle all over with sugar.
- 9Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and starting to harden. Let cool for 5 minutes before breaking apart. (If not fully crispened, put back in turned off warm oven until crisp.).
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Graham Crackers (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (18 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.6
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.6 mg
- Sodium 113.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: