1/3 Photos of Graham Crackers
Mark O.'s Note:
This recipe is an excellent subsitute for store bought brands of graham crackers. Also useful to those who don't have a local source for a boxed graham cracker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, cream together the shortening and brown sugar.
- 2Stir in the vanilla.
- 3Combine the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- 4Cover and chill dough until firm.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6Grease cookie sheets.
- 7On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 0.125 inch thickness.
- 8Cut into rectangles.
- 9Place 1/2 inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- 10Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crisp.
- 11Edges will be golden brown.
- 12Remove from baking sheet to cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Graham Crackers
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.0
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 69.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 1.9 g