Recipe by Indiana Nurse
This is a dish that our family doesn't like to share at family dinners! It is grandma's recipe. I still am trying to master it!!! It is WONDERFUL!
- 1 envelope knox gelatin
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (separated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whipped cream (use dream whip)
- 16 graham crackers, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve gelatin in cold milk.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar together.
- Add a little of milk mixture if too thick.
- Add yolk and sugar mixture to milk and gelatin.
- Cook in double boiler until it coats a spoon.
- Stir often as it cooks.
- Cool and add vanilla, whipped cream, and fold beaten egg whites into cooked mixture.
- Put half of crushed crackers in bottom of dish.
- Add cooked mixture.
- Top with rest of crumbs.