Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is in request to 1970's jell-o recipes. My mother used to make this, and we just loved it with black cherry jell-o -- still do! (Prep time does not include chilling time.)
- Prepare Jell-O as directed.
- Let Jell-O partially set, just enough to be able to spread.
- Cover bottom of 8 inch square dish with whole graham crackers.
- Mix sugar and sour cream until blended.
- Put half of sour cream mixture over graham crackers.
- Next spread partially set Jell-O over sour cream mixture.
- Place in refrigerator and let set until firm.
- Spread rest of sour cream mixture on top of Jell-O.
- Crush graham crackers and sprinkle on top.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Cut into squares.
This dessert has been around a long time I am 64 and my Mother made it for my brother 67<br/>and I when we were children and also for my daugher 36. I now make it for my grandsons.<br/>My Mom made it in a large jelly roll pan. I make a smaller version.