3 hrs 15 mins
Houdini's Mom's Note:
This is so good! I got the recipe from my M-I-L. The middle is very rich, and tastes like a really creamy ice cream. NOTE* The eggs in this recipe are not cooked.
My Private Note
small c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease an 8x8 pan.
- 2Melt half of the butter in a skillet, and mix well with graham cracker crumbs.
- 3Place half of the graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of your 8x8 pan, press down and let cool.
- 4Add the chopped nuts to the pan.
- 5Take the other half of the butter and cream with the powdered sugar.
- 6Separate the eggs, add the yolks to the sugar one at a time and beat thoroughly.
- 7Beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold in with the sugar,egg and butter mixture.
- 8Add the vanilla.
- 9Stir the sugar mixture in with the whipped cream, make sure it is incorporated well, but don't over mix.
- 10Place in the 8x8 pan and top with remaining graham cracker crumbs.
- 11Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 3-4 hours or until hard.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Graham Cracker Icebox Cake
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.6
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 120.4 mg
- Sodium 234.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 22.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g