1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Mimi in Maine's Note:
I like fruitcake as long as it doesn't have a lot of strange fruit in it. I like dates, candied cherries, raisins, and walnuts. So that limits a lot fruitcakes although I have changed recipes to suit my taste. I also like graham crackers, so when I found this on the cracker box years ago, I had to try it. I liked it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package chopped dates
- 1 (4 ounce) container candied green cherries (no mint flavor)
- 2 (4 ounce) containers candied red cherries
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts (coarsely chopped) or 1 1/2 cups pecans (coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 2 1/2 cups finely rolled graham crackers
- 1 1/4 cups butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 6 eggs (separated)
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1In a very large bowl combine the first seven ingredients with 1/2 cup flour.
- 2Mix the remaining flour with the next five ingredients.
- 3Stir in the graham cracker crumbs.
- 4In a large mixing bowl beat butter and sugar till creamy.
- 5Gradually add egg yolks and beat till thick and fluffy.
- 6Add the graham crumb mixture and blend well.
- 7Stir into fruit mixture with orange juice.
- 8In separate bowl, beat egg whites till stiff but not dry; fold into graham cracker mixture.
- 9Turn into a well-greased 10" tube pan and bake in 325 degree oven for 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours.
- 10Cool in pan for 30 minutes then take out and put on rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Graham Cracker Fruitcake
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.0
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 93.9 mg
- Sodium 329.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 42.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
candied green cherries