Recipe by AZPARZYCH
This is a recipe from my grandmother; they are very gooey and good. If you want it chocolatey too there is a variation listed at the bottom. Times do not include cooling times.
Top Review by mommi2juju
This was good but only for one bite because this was SWEET! Its like a diabetic-heart attack in a pan! I like the graham cracker and pecans in it but there was too much sugar for our taste. I had a small square of about 6 bites and no lie - I had a huge headache from all the sugar afterwards! I would like to try again but maybe change up the sugar amounts in it and definetaly reduce the amount of vanilla extract, its was very powerful in the icing. Overall, way too sweet but I will try again with some variation. Thanks! =D
- 6 -8 graham crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup milk, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 9x13 casserole pan with whole graham crackers end to end covering bottom of pan.
- In a medium sauce pan bring to a boil butter, sugar, milk and egg.
- Boil for one minute stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add walnuts and graham cracker crumbs.
- Spread mixture over whole graham crackers; cool in fridge 30-45 minutes.
- Mix butter, powdered sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on low speed.
- Add milk to mixture 1 TBS at a time until you get a spreadable consistancy.
- Spread over filling and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- *NOTE: For a chocolate filling add 3 TBS cocoa powder with the graham cracker crumbs. Can also sprinkle chocolate chips on top of frosting.*.