Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this recipe from one I found on the side of a box of graham cracker crumbs. It has lovely flavor and is pretty low fat.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- Mix the milk and vinegar together.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the egg whites and milk mixture.
- Add the brown sugar, butter, and applesauce.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix together.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and fill the cups.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
Very good muffin liked the low fat, didn't have dates, so sniped up some dried prunes. Thank you for sharing
These were moist and flavorful, definitely a keeper. I used whole milk and the whole eggs, otherwise followed recipe exactly. Thank you Ladypit!