Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lower calorie version of a favorite.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 egg white
- In a food processor, combine crumbs, sugar and butter.
- Pulse until blended.
- Add egg white and pulse until evenly moistened.
- Press into a 9" pie plate.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool completely before using.
While this had good flavor (and didn't taste low fat!) it turned out very hard. Maybe baking at a lower temperature would solve that...
I made this and filled it with Creamsicle Pudding for a lite healthy dessert. Thanks for posting Miss Rat. Made for Healthy Choices Tag game.
This was pretty good. I wouldn't say it tastes exactly the same as the super buttery original version, but it definitely tastes better than the store-bought low fat version. So I'm excited to have a home made alternative. Note: I made it exactly as per the recipe, and it wasn't quite enough to fill my 9" pie pan. It went up the sides, but not up to the very top. Next time I will round up on all the ingredients just a bit.