Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I needed a graham cracker crust so I started with the recipe on the back of the Nabisco Graham Cracker crumbs box & did some embellishing. I also cut the sugar in half. Baking for just 5 minutes 'sets' the crust and when I baked the pie, it did not burn/overcook. The results were OOH LA LA.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 orange, zest of, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine 1st 3 ingredients. Add melted butter & mix very well.
- Put in pie pan or bottom of springform pan & bake for 5 minutes.
- Use in your favorite recipe calling for a graham cracker crust.
One of the BEST crusts I've made in a LOOOOONG time. I made one little tweek in the fact that I used the actual graham cracker instead of the crumbs. I find it comes out a much lighter crust and a nicer crunch to it. Thanks again for this recipe too!
I love this crust! I used it for a an 11 x 7-inch pan cheescake, I had a little too much crust for the size of the pan so I had to remove about 1/3 cup crumbs, not a problem I will freeze and use it for another time, thanks for sharing Bethie!...Kitten :)
I was looking for a graham cracker crust to make Poppy Seed Lemon Pie and found this one. It was so easy and very good, I followed the directions exactly and for me the baking time was right on. Very good, easy to make and so much better than the store bought prepared ones.