Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great with coffee or tea, in the morning or at night. I don't like to bake so the recipe has to be quick, easy, and tasty. This one is all three.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat sugars and butter with a mixer at medium speed until well blended and creamy. Add egg whites and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, level with a knife. Combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and stir everything with a wisk until well combined.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternatly with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spoon batter into a 9inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Tap the pan once on the counter to get rid of bubbles.
- Bake at 350F for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing.