Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is good, I have made it many times over the years.
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix the first four ingredients together and put half of batter into pan.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and put half the crumb mix over the batter in pan.
- Put remaining batter over the crumbs and last put remainder of crumbs on top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
I did something a little different with this cake. Instead of baking it in a 9" x 13" pan, I layered the cake batter and graham filling in a Bundt pan and baked it for 40 minutes. The graham mixture made a lovely tunnel through the centre of the cake. This is a recipe that we will definitely enjoy again.
This cake is simple, quick, and delicious. I whipped up batter for http://www.food.com/recipe/quick-yellow-cake-38966 (2 1/2 mins to measure ingredients, and 2 1/2 mins in the mixer--just as speedy as a packaged mix), then added the graham cracker streusel. I used only 1/2 cup of butter. Killer! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe for this delectable treat.