Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From BH & G mag. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 12 graham crackers, rectangles
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 teaspoons milk
- For filling, in medium saucepan, combine 3/4 cup butter, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup milk, and egg. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until mixture comes to full boil. Remove from heat. Stir in pecans and crumbs.
- Meanwhile, place 6 of the graham cracker rectangles, side by side, on foil-lined baking sheet to make rectangle about 10 x 7 inches in size. Spoon filling in small mounds onto graham cracker rectangles. Carefully spread to an even layer being careful not to move crackers. Place remaining cracker rectangles on top to match up with bottom rectangles. Lightly cover bars with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or until filling is firm. Cut into bars.
- In small bowl, beat 1 tablespoon butter with whisk or electric mixer until smooth. Gradually whisk in powdered sugar amd enough milk to make a thick drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bars. Let stand until set.