Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes from my Great Aunt Eva. I like the simplicity of the recipe.
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 15 sheets graham crackers
- Mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stir often.
- Line 9x13 pan with whole graham crackers laid 3 across and 5 rows down.
- Use 7.5 whole crackers.
- Cover with filling and a similar layer of crackers.
- Top with powdered sugar frosting and a few nuts.
I made these for coffee hour at our church. I pulsed the coconut in the food proc. to "disguise" it from my husband (it worked, too). My frosting was more of a thick glaze and was a bit runny on my outside edges, so I will make it a tad thicker next time. Despite this they held their shape nicely outside on a hot humid day. These turned out to be scrumptious tasting and looked pretty on a white platter. If you like "7 Layer Bars" you would love these, too. Thanks Dakota, for sharing your SPECIAL family recipe! Roxygirl
ok I am late posting this review because I amde it while in Canada in October but had forgotten to review it. I know DD and sil loved it. easy to whip up and a kid pleaser !