I love these, my grandma used to make these during the holidays. I remember going over to their house and always trying to sneak a couple of squares before dinner.
- Line a 10x15 pan with foil.
- Cover with a single layer of graham crackers.
- Mix the sugar and butter in a sauce pan. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour over the graham crackers, sprinkle with the nuts and then the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees farenheit for 5 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into 2 inch squares.
I love toffee bars made with graham crackers. This is a good recipe but there is a distinction from a great recipe.. Cooking the butter sugar mixture on the stove first makes it so the toffee sits on top of the graham crackers instead of saturating them. Made for Bargain Basement Tag game.