Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
The original recipes called for raisins but I subbed nuts. Tasty and great sliced with a bit of honey on it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- Beat eggs, milk and oil in medium bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Stir in bananas.
- Add to flour mixture; stir until just blended. Stir in raisins. Spoon into greased loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely. Cut into 16 slices to serve.
We really enjoyed this! I made half a recipe, and to do so I used a pan for mini-bundt cakes. I did make a few changes but I feel the spirit of the recipe was preserved so I am giving five stars for both my result and the versatility of the original recipe. I used a combination of oil and peanut butter for the oil, and instead of nuts I used mini chocolate chips. This was a delicious twist on the original! I really enjoyed the texture and flavor of the graham cracker crumbs...they really jazz up the familiar banana bread. Thanks for posting! Made for PRMR tag.