Recipe by shelbyrose
Delicious combination of flavors! Chocolaty fudge with a tropical twist. This recipe comes from the kitchens of Salerno. (Prep. time does not reflect refrigeration time)
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, melt 3/4 cup butter and 1 square chocolate.
- Add granulated sugar, egg, graham cracker crumbs, coconut and nuts; mix thoroughly.
- Press into a greased 9x9 or 11x7 inch baking dish; refrigerate.
- Combine 1/4 cup butter, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla; mix well.
- Spread evenly over crumb mixture; chill thoroughly.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly over filling; chill again.
- Cut into bars before completely firm.