Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Take Your Favorite Pinwheel Recipe and turn it into a Diploma with this SIMPLE but Fantastic Idea my husband came up with before the party!
- 40 fajita sized flour tortillas
- 4 (8 ounce) packagesof softened cream cheese
- 4 (8 ounce) packagesof sliced beef, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 bunches green onions, chopped small
- Accent seasoning
- Mix ALL ingredients, except tortillas, together to make filling. OR USE YOUR FAVORITE Pinwheel filling recipe.
- Spread desired amount of filling onto each tortilla, just as if you were making pinwheels.
- Roll Up just as if you were making a pinwheel ~ DO NOT CUT.
- Tie a 6-8 inch length of colored ribbon ( that matches your graduates color scheme ) around the middle of the rolled up tortilla to look like a diploma !
- This is SO easy and EVERYONE will love them! Had one guest tell me she was totally stealing the idea when her daughter graduates!
- Time Stated is Approximate ~ Depends on How many you make and how fast you can roll and tie!
These are great! I made these for my nephew's highschool graduation party a few weeks ago and these were a total hit. So easy too!
This was soooooo cute! Used a mexican pinwheel recipe (Mexican Pinwheels by Carla-very good!), with ingredients chopped very small. Wrapped them in half a fajita tortilla (trimming the pointed sides off), getting two "diploma" rolls per tortilla. Tied them with blue ribbon and set them on a plate, looking like diplomas getting ready to be handed out! They're about a two bite size, and the ribbons are double-knot tied on, though they are loose enough to be rolled off after the first bite. Thank you so much for the wonderful idea!