Recipe by 3KillerBs
This is my sister's #1 holiday recipe. It always gets compliments at parties and yet its stupidly simple to make. Its a delicious spread for crackers and equally good stuffed into celery or used as a veggie dip. Note: A new jar of horseradish can be VERY strong while a while one that's been open a while can be badly faded. Don't be afraid to adjust the amount so that the mix has a pleasant bite but isn't overwhelming. Note #2: The dried beef is not jerky. it is the same sort used in creamed chipped beef. Note #3: Cooking time is chilling time
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 -6 teaspoons horseradish (to taste)
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) jars dried beef (Not jerky!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a fork, mix the horseradish into the cream cheese well. If in doubt about the horseradish use less rather than more.
- Cut dried beef into slivers and mix those into the cheese mix.
- Taste and adjust horseradish to suit.
- Mold into a ball, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate at least an hour so that it sets up well.
- Serve with crackers and/or veggie sticks or stuff into celery.