1/2 Photos of Gracie's Double Chocolate New Year's Cookies, Low Sugar
The perfect cookie when you're craving chocolate without all the guilt! Mostly whole wheat, and the only sugar is from the small amount in the semi-sweet chocolate chips. This makes for a lower glycemic index. Makes for a tasty dessert when served with sugar-free ice cream and cool whip. There is no baking powder or baking soda in the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil (I use safflower)
- 118.29 ml Splenda granular, for baking
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml white whole wheat flour
- 59.14 ml unbleached white flour
- 59.14 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.14 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 28.39 ml coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 4.92 ml unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
- 1Mix together the oil, sugar substitute, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- 2Sift together the flours, cocoa powder and salt.
- 3Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- 4Mix in chocolate chips and nuts.
- 5Form into 15 1-1/2 inch balls and place on non-stick cookie sheet.
- 6Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 7While still warm, dust cookies with cocoa powder.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gracie's Double Chocolate New Year's Cookies, Low Sugar
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.7
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 14.1 mg
- Sodium 44.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: